Current time: 11-15-2019, 06:17 AM

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
On the new update “Bright Lights”

The mini event starts the first day, Very Bright lights!  Gives me a headache.  So bright, I can not just ignore it.  Can I TT ahead to the end of the mini event to play?  If not I may just not play this month.  Crazy!!

headbang headbang headbang

Callie can you just turn down the brightness on your device? I have to do that sometimes in these games.   :)

(11-04-2019, 05:12 PM)Callie2407 Wrote: The mini event starts the first day, Very Bright lights!  Gives me a headache.  So bright, I can not just ignore it.  Can I TT ahead to the end of the mini event to play?  If not I may just not play this month.  Crazy!!

headbang headbang headbang

Hi Callie! :)

I'm SO confused!  Why can't you bypass mini-events and start on the main event? I didn't see any mini-events or didn't pay attention to them, until after I  was done with the investigation. Or maybe your update was a bit different?

I never TT forward and can't answer your question, sorry sweetie.

I hate this event!
Event room is extremely bright. I lowered the brightness on my PC and am wearing Rx sunglasses, yet I still got a bad headache and my eyes are burning and watering.
The golden turkeys are so hard to find! they're bright and blending with a bright background.

This time G5 included phantoms/screamers/vitamin thingys (which are all the same) in 5 stars instead of the usual anomaly madness. But we don't have to play them before the main event.

I might call it quits. No avatar or game rewards are worth my eyes or migraines.

Yes, I turned the brightness way down, better now, but still...what were G5 thinking?  We all like to be blinded by the bight lights #$@%$#. Poo to them I say.  LOL!  

Pearl, you do not have the mini event?  Strange, anyone else not have it?  I am wishing I didn’t.  But someone said they made it part of the game so you have to do it to get your stars.

I will muscle through this with my eyes closed.  Sm106 Ny6 Rofl

(11-04-2019, 06:40 PM)Callie2407 Wrote: Yes, I turned the brightness way down, better now, but still...what were G5 thinking?  We all like to be blinded by the bight lights #$@%$#. Poo to them I say.  LOL!  

Pearl, you do not have the mini event?  Strange, anyone else not have it?  I am wishing I didn’t.  But someone said they made it part of the game so you have to do it to get your stars.

All I have is the vitamin thingy which is the same as phantoms/screamers and we need to complete it in order to get 5 stars. No other mini-events so far.
However, we do not have to play this before the main event.

What kind of mini-event you need to play before the main event, sweetie?

Haha! Sure, let's close our eyes and maybe golden turkeys will come to us on their own. ;)

(11-04-2019, 07:37 PM)NerdyPearl Wrote:
(11-04-2019, 06:40 PM)Callie2407 Wrote: Yes, I turned the brightness way down, better now, but still...what were G5 thinking?  We all like to be blinded by the bight lights #$@%$#. Poo to them I say.  LOL!  

All I have is the vitamin thingy which is the same as phantoms/screamers and we need to complete it in order to get 5 stars. No other mini-events so far.
However, we do not have to play this before the main event.

What kind of mini-event you need to play before the main event, sweetie?

Haha! Sure, let's close our eyes and maybe golden turkeys will come to us on their own. ;)

Sweetie Pearl, read my lips, it is the vitamin thingy, and no it is not forcing me to play if before the main event.  But I did not want to play it at all!  Now they made me make a choice, play or no 5 stars.  They are buggers!! And most will need to play it before they finish all of the main event if they work etc.  it is a timed mini event.

Glad I am not alone with the brightness not being user friendly.  Eyes closed, going back in.... sm219

Ooookay. We are on the same page now. ;)  Someone might find it hilarious!

You know how much I hate phantoms/screamers and now vitamin thingys. Whatever the name, it's still phantoms! It's true, we either play them or kiss 5 stars goodbye, and it's also true that little buggers are timed. But they will come back week after week, just like last time. We don't have to worry about playing them right away.

I finished the investigation, combined 5 collections and artifact, and as a result, I got sore eyes and a headache. There's a good chance my participation in this event will end there.  And even better chance I'll write about "bright things and not so bright designers" in my review.

I quite like the location but those turkeys are hard to find.

I don’t normally do the phantom thingy but because it is needed for the five stars i thought I would have a go.  I used so many tools I wonder if it is going to be worth the 5th star.

G5 seems to look at what we don’t play and then give it as part of the next event.

Nobby cry

(11-04-2019, 06:37 PM)NerdyPearl Wrote: I hate this event!
Event room is extremely bright. I lowered the brightness on my PC and am wearing Rx sunglasses, yet I still got a bad headache and my eyes are burning and watering.
The golden turkeys are so hard to find! they're bright and blending with a bright background.

This time G5 included phantoms/screamers/vitamin thingys (which are all the same) in 5 stars instead of the usual anomaly madness. But we don't have to play them before the main event.

I might call it quits. No avatar or game rewards are worth my eyes or migraines.

after i had to find the first two turkeys, i immediately hated this event, i couldn't find them, i had to use the only finder i had to see what the turkeys look like. G5 decided again to make difficult to find the tokens.

the colours are too bright, as usual during the thanksgiving event, after 10 minutes or so, my eyes were hurting and i had to change the setting in my laptop.

i haven't started the mini-game yet (if you do not play it within the 2 days, if you TT backward to actual date, you can always do it later; i realized this on the past two events, hopefully this one as well) so i do not know if the graphic is worse than the main one.

i know we are always complaining but here we are, still playing HC no matter what  sm219

As for the question about TTing out of the mini events.... I tried but it seems you cannot TT out of them, either forward or back. When you set you clock back to the right time the mini event is back. The only way to avoid them would be to set your clock back or ahead and play in the altered time until the mini-event is over and then put your clock back on the real time. I'm with you, if it was not for the stars I would not have done this. As soon as I max out that goal I'll be done with this and will likely do what I've just suggested.

BEWARE the grey turkey?  Yes they have thrown in a different coloured turkey.  I found the grey turkey on the angel - bottom left of the picture.

Nobby headbang

I like the new site, although I generally find most locations look too dark and heavy. But this is what I wanted to Greenhouse to look like. Clearly drawn plants and flowers and sunlight! I find the turkeys without a lot of problems. Of course, I have yet to complete my first collection, so things may change!

The Turkeys are definitely among the most difficult Keys (Secret Items) to find. They are the largest Keys so far, much bigger than the Elephants which were pretty large. But they are proving to be overall hard to find.

These aren't too bad.

Attached Files
.jpg   Turkey-02.jpg (Size: 33.77 KB / Downloads: 83)
.jpg   Turkey-03.jpg (Size: 30.66 KB / Downloads: 84)
.jpg   Turkey-04.jpg (Size: 50.4 KB / Downloads: 84)
.jpg   Turkey-06.jpg (Size: 46.25 KB / Downloads: 84)

These OTOH were pretty tricky.

Attached Files
.jpg   Turkey-01.jpg (Size: 51.77 KB / Downloads: 92)
.jpg   Turkey-05.jpg (Size: 33.9 KB / Downloads: 92)
.jpg   Turkey-07.jpg (Size: 59.8 KB / Downloads: 92)
.jpg   Turkey-13.jpg (Size: 47.49 KB / Downloads: 47)
.jpg   Turkey-14.jpg (Size: 12.66 KB / Downloads: 46)
.jpg   Turkey-15.jpg (Size: 15.69 KB / Downloads: 45)
.jpg   Turkey-16.jpg (Size: 12.49 KB / Downloads: 44)
.jpg   Turkey-17.jpg (Size: 21.35 KB / Downloads: 43)
.jpg   Turkey-18.jpg (Size: 16.56 KB / Downloads: 42)
.jpg   Turkey-19.jpg (Size: 11.3 KB / Downloads: 31)

« Next Oldest »

« Next Newest »

Share This Thread On: